|June 15, 2017||Comments Closed|
Content marketing, analytics, search engine optimization, social media – there is so much happening in the digital world and without a proper strategy in place, you’d never know which technique works best for your business and will end up spending time and money in duplication and half-hearted results.
Online visibility is important for businesses and without a sound digital marketing strategy, businesses may find their digital marketing efforts to be directionless or ineffective – simply because they don’t have a holistic strategy in place.
What is a Digital Marketing Strategy?
Simply speaking, a digital marketing strategy is a layout of your marketing goals and the digital media techniques you’d employ to achieve them. However, it is not as simple as it sounds because a sound strategy requires in-depth research and analytics to understand your market and consumer base.
If you find yourself fumbling for a sound digital marketing plan, WIMB, a leading digital marketing agency, shares with you 7 effective ways to build a winning digital marketing strategy for 2017:
1. Set your goals and objectives – Before planning any marketing strategy, it is important to set clear, specific and measurable goals you would like to achieve. It is also important to keep the goals realistic and time bound.
2. Understand your audience – As a brand solving a specific problem, your audience is not the entire world but a small percentage that actually needs a solution for that particular problem. Thus, before designing a digital marketing strategy, it is important to identify your audience.
3. Search Engine Marketing – Search Engine Marketing including SEO, keyword research and paid advertising are central to any digital marketing strategy because online marketing is all about increasing visibility and understanding how people search your business to increase your SERPs.
Tip: Location based marketing will play an important role this year. Streamline your marketing strategy to specific regions and locations for max visibility.
4. Content marketing – Good content will definitely augment your digital marketing efforts but it is video content that will truly rule in 2017. An Infographic by Hubspot reveals that 64% of the users are more likely to buy a product after watching a video. YouTube reports that mobile video consumption increases by 100% very year.
5. Mobile Marketing – As the number of mobile users continues to increase, it is pertinent for businesses to include mobile marketing into their digital marketing strategy. Mobile marketing is aimed to target audiences on their handheld devices and includes app based marketing, mobile search ads, location based marketing, QR Codes and SMS marketing.
Here are some interesting stats for you to ponder:
6. Email marketing
Yes, email marketing remains as important as ever and is something no digital marketer can ignore. Statista reveals that Gmail has over 1 billion users and this number will grow to 3 billion by 2020. The number of active email accounts worldwide is expected to increase to nearly 5.6 billion by the end of 2019.
The points outlined in this post will help you create an effective digital marketing strategy. However, in order to improve the efficacy of your strategy, you must constantly track the results to measure its performance. Indeed, analytics form an important part of any digital marketing strategy optimizing the marketing spend by indicating the success or failure of adopted techniques.